We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website, such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and number of page views.
- information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our goods or services.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
- any other information that you choose to send to us.
There are two 'flavours' of Cookies - 'Session' cookies and 'Persistent' cookies.
Session cookies are temporary and are deleted when you shut down your web browser or turn off your computer. These are used to improve how you navigate through a website and are required for basic operation. Some are also used to track the pages you visit during the session.
Persistent cookies remain on your computer until manually deleted or when they reach an expiry date. They hold information that is useful if you revisit the website, and may hold personally identifiable data, such as contact form details previously submitted.
Persistent cookies include the following types:
Typically used for tracking the pages you visit. It allows website owners to see which pages are more or less popular and allows the tracking of returning visits.
These allow you, for example, to share pages with social networks such as Facebook (where applicable).
The table below explains the cookies we use and why
_utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz
Google Analytics (Type: persistent/session): We use Google Analytics to monitor traffic levels, search queries and visits to this website. Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers, and neither PIPER or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. These cookies enable Google to track the pages that you visit during your session.
OS Commerce store visitor tracker (Type: session). Stores information required for correct operation of our online store, such as the items added to your cart.
Using your personal data
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website.
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website.
- enable your use of the services available on the website.
- send to you goods purchased via the website, and supply to you services purchased via the website.
- send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you.
- send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications.
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications (relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications to be sent by emailing us at sales[at]piperexhausts.co.uk
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset which we are (or are contemplating) selling.
International data transfers
If you are in the European Union, information which you provide may be transferred to countries (including but not limited to the United States, Japan) which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Union. You expressly agree to such transfers.
Security of your personal data
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information may be subject to the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10.00).
You may instruct us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes by email (to sales piperexhausts.co.uk at any time. (In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal data for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal data for marketing purposes.)
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
Units 5&6 Bowles Well Gardens
Folkestone, Kent CT19 6PQ
Fax: 01303 240666